Information & Tours
- Or, Watch the “FLICS Information Night” video to learn more about the FLICS program.
- “Top Ten Answers for Parents about Immersion Education”
- “Reasons to Learn a Foreign Language“
- “Studies Supporting Increased Academic Achievement“
- “Why, How, When, Should My Child Learn a Second Language?”
Admissions Process for 2018/19
- Complete the online application. Only online applications will be considered
- Have the Recommendation Form faxed to (313) 651-2471 or emailed to email@example.com, by the recommending school/teacher.
- Attend the student testing and interview when scheduled.
- Parents will be informed of admissions outcome (usually the same day).
In the event that there are more applicants for a specific language cluster, a language lottery will take place. Placement will still follow language preferences as indicated on the application.
Preparing to Apply
Ensure all of the paperwork below has been completed and scanned and ready to upload B E F O R E you begin application:
- Enrollment Checklist
- Student Recommendation Form (HAVE CURRENT SCHOOL COMPLETE & FAX TO FLICS)
- DPSCD Enrollment Form (COMPLETE FULLY AND UPLOAD INTO APPLICATION)
- DPSCD Media Release Form (COMPLETE FULLY AND UPLOAD INTO APPLICATION)
- Supplemental Student Services Survey Form (COMPLETE FULLY AND UPLOAD INTO APPLICATION)
- Updated Immunization Records
- Original birth certificate has to be brought to the office (a copy from the original will be made in the school office)
- Be sure to have an active email account as ALL enrollment communication is conducted via email.
- Scan and have ready to upload the following documents. Collecting these documents from your current or previous school may take some time, so please contact them quickly.
- 2 years of academic transcripts (current and last year’s)
- 2 years of iReady or NWEA-MAP scores (current and last year’s)
- 2 years of M-Step results (previous two years) (Grade 4-8 applicants only)
Applying for Admission
- Be sure to have the documents above completed, scanned, and ready to upload B E F O R E you begin the application.
- DPSCD Enrollment Form
- DPSCD Media Release Form
- Supplemental Student Services Survey Form
- 2 academic years of transcripts
- 2 years of iReady or NWEA-MAP scores
- 2 years of M-Step scores
- Complete the online application H E R E !
After Applying for Admission
- Arrange a tour of FLICS to become more acquainted (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Check your email for communication from FLICS for scheduling a testing session for your child.
- Have questions? Email: ENROLL.FLICS@DETROITK12.ORG
Todd Losié, Principal